5 shared solar updates
Praxia Partners’ initiative Community Renewable Energy believes in the power of shared solar, which is growing in popularity in the US and abroad. Here’s some of the latest news about the shared solar revolution from across the nation.
- New York’s Public Service Commission is exploring ways to increase the state’s shared renewable capacity.
- Tipton, Indiana raised awareness of the many benefits of their community-owned solar opportunities by hosting a Community Day and Solar Open House.
- Massachusetts’ Governor Patrick signed a law that exempts the town of Harvard’s community-owned solar from taxes for 20 years.
- Antonito, Colorado’s shared solar project has started being installed– and is already fully subscribed.
- Shared solar is being embraced by other countries as well… Community solar is coming to rural Laos through a decentralized grid.