First of all- Happy Independence Day! Hope you all enjoyed your holiday yesterday! This week brought us big news from Washington some good, some bad. Senator Brown spoke out on behalf of students everywhere as Washington wages war on student loans. President Obama committed $7 Billion to an initiative called Power Africa. And Minnesota proved why municipalities are unlikely to be the innovators in energy. It’s going to take us -the community!
Read about these stories and more after the jump!
In the News
- Obama unveils $7bn Africa power initiative (the Financial Times)
- Kenya receiving assistance from Japan on Renewable Energy Development (Renewable Energy World)
- Uganda launches innovative feed-in tariff program (Renewable Energy World)
- Small firm in Florida helps bring renewable energy to Africa and the Caribbean (Renewable Energy World)
- Washington shrugs as student loan rates double (MSNBC)
- Helping grads pay down debt, plan for future (Senator Sherrod Brown, the Advertiser- Tribune)
Research, Analysis and Other Fun Stuff