We spent a lot of this week reading about renewable energy and it’s implications for community and economic development. Read all about community solar farms, non profits reducing utility costs with solar, and new solar research currently in the works.
But also check out Robert Reich bust some commonly repeated myths about how immigration impacts our economy, and read The Daily Beast’s criticism of Wall Street’s effect on financial reform.
All this and more, after the jump!
In the News
- Positive Policy Changes for Distributed Renewable Energy (Institute for Local Self Reliance)
- The Renewable Energy Rollback that Wasn’t (Clean Tech Law)
- Solar to smash library power bill (Glen Innes Examiner)
- Harvard and IBM search for better solar cells (Voice of America)
- Renewable energy’s next frontier: remote communities (Huffington Post)
- Community solar farms: coming soon to a neighborhood near you (Fresh Energy)
Research, Analysis and Other Fun Stuff