Solar is taking off around the world, and policy makers are learning valuable lessons from the Long Island Power Authority’s feed in tariff solar program. Read more about these and other news items after the jump.
For more renewable energy specific news, don’t forget to check out what they’ve been reading this week over at Community Renewable Energy as well!
In the News
- Renewable energy in Myanmar; Not just clean it’s necessary (Renewable Energy World)
- How do storage systems in photovoltaic installations work (Renewable Energy World)
- Thailand adding 1,000 MW of solar with new feed-in tariffs (Renewable Energy World)
- Met council looks to solar for treatment plant (Finance and Commerce)
- Solar in a greenhouse in Oman (Renewable Energy World)
Research, Analysis and Other Fun Stuff
- Detroit and the bankruptcy of America’s Social Contract (Robert Reich)
- Here’s how wind and solar can save more lives and prevent more pollution (Grist Mill)
- Inequality, mobility and the policy agenda they imply (New York Times)
- Five lessons that define LIPAs new csi solar program (Renewable Energy World)
- Women in power- it’s a natural fit (Renewable Energy World)
- The solar opportunity (Institute for Local Self Reliance)