Mortgage rates plunge, Senator Brown takes on the banks, the White House dives into social impact bonds, Gallup poll shows overwhelming desire by Americans for renewable energy, and more!
Read on and enjoy our Friday round-up of some of the things we’ve been reading, watching, and paying attention to this week.
In the News:
- Mortgage Rates Plunged to a Record Low for the Second Consecutive Week (CNN Money)
- Make Wall Street Choose: Go Small or Go Home -Sen
ators Sherrod Brown and David Vitter (New York Times)
- Social Impact Bonds: White House Budget Drives Pay for Success and Social Impact Bonds Forward (Center for American Progress)
- Generation Jobless: the number of young people out of work globally is nearly as big as the population of the United States (The Economist)
- Coalition Forms to Defend Ohio’s Contested Energy Mandates (Crains Cleveland Business)
- Execs: Outlook Sunny at Xunlight Solar Firm (The Toledo Blade) especially interesting because the firm was financed with mix of public and private dollars, and University of Toledo research!
Research and Analysis:
- Women’s Role in Society: Impacts on Housing and Communities in Canada (Sustainable Cities Collective)
- Infographic on Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture (posted by United Nations Development Program)
- Americans want more emphasis on Renewables Clean Edge (Clean Edge via Gallup Poll)
- Dispatch special Report: Power Prices Poles Apart. Statewide electricity rates show dramatic differences in Ohio, sometimes even between neighbors (The Columbus Dispatch)
Want even more renewable energy specific news? Check out the Community Renewable Energy blog to see what they’ve been digging this week!