On September 27, at the historic Lincoln Theatre in the King-Lincoln district of Columbus, Columbus Landmarks Foundation announced the prestigious James B. Recchie Design & Preservation Awards.
Since 1983, the awards have recognized that historic preservation and beautiful design improves quality of life in every neighborhood. Praxia Partners’ principal, Joe Recchie, and his family established the awards to honor his brother’s memory.
- James B. Recchie Design Award: The Scioto Mile and Scioto River Bridges The Scioto Mile Designers: MKSK, 360 Architecture, Schooley Caldwell Associates and HKI Main Street Bridge Designers: DLZ Ohio and MKSK Rich Street Bridge Designers: Burgess and Niple and MKSK Owner: City of Columbus and ODOT
- Paul E. Young, Jr. Students Award: Amanda Nelson and Centennial High School Students Commemorating Ohio’s Boys in Blue: The Green Lawn Civil War Project
- Henry L. Hunker Urban Legacy Award: Hamilton Joel Teaford Outstanding Person Award: Randy F. Black
- Dixie Sayre Miller Patron Award: Donna K. Laidlaw
- Frederick J. Holdridge Outstanding Group Award: United Way of Central Ohio
- James L. Keyes President’s Award: The Ohio Birds Mural
- Special Volunteer Award: Ann Seren