Our Community is Always Growing.
WORK WITH US
Do you feel like the Praxia Partners mission resonates with your own values? Are you an innovative thinker, organized team player, rooted in people-first solutions? Maybe you should work with us!? Whether you’re a freelancer, job seeker, student intern, or volunteer, go ahead and tell us about it. We and our partners are always interested in hearing from our mission-driven community!
OPEN POSITION: Associate attorney
Job Description: Praxia Partners is hiring an Associate attorney who will primarily focus on the cutting edge work of its housing and renewable energy development enterprises, Community Building Partners and Community Renewable Energy. We are seeking an agile and self-motivated attorney to join our small team where they will work on real estate and renewable energy development projects under the mentorship of executive leadership. Candidates must be compassionate and public serving, as well as highly organized and creative problem solvers. Primary responsibilities include drafting and reviewing contracts, employment agreements and a wide variety of legal correspondence related to the development and financing of affordable housing and renewable energy projects. The Associate will also perform factual and legal research and analysis and lead negotiations. The Associate will contribute to exciting and innovative projects and gain experience in New Community Authorities, Bond Financing, Low Income Housing Tax Credit financing, Renewable Energy Investment Tax Credit financing, real estate development and energy development.
● Exceptional negotiation and interpersonal communication
● Meticulous, detail-oriented approach to work matters
● Up-to-date understanding of the key legal issues germane to the organization including real estate and renewable energy development.
● Ability to communicate persuasively — in writing, speaking, and via audio-visual technologies
You are a good fit for this position if the following is true to you:
● You are focused with a strong attention to detail
● You leverage your critical thinking skills regularly
● Personal growth is among your top priorities
● You are self-motivated
● You thrive in an environment where you create your own direction
● You love a challenge and are seeking opportunities to grow professionally
● You are organized and efficient in day to day activities
● You handle sensitive and confidential information with integrity and discretion
● You have excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and a strong sense of professionalism needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions
● You are not afraid to be proactive and ask for clarification when unsure of the means to achieve objectives
● You have a strong desire to advocate for others and leave the world better than you found it.
● You are coachable, with a degree of introspection and willingness to honestly own mistakes and grow and willing to coach and mentor others as the team grows.
Qualifications: Admitted to the Ohio bar or able to waive in. At least 1 year of experience in the area of real estate or energy law preferred, but willing
to consider newly licensed attorneys.
Compensation: Salary range – $55,000-$75,000. Starting salary will be based on experience and need for training. This is a full-time salaried position with potential for bonuses and growth. We provide paid holiday and vacation time off, paid family leave and full benefits.
Required Cultural Competence: A requirement of the successful candidate includes sharing our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our work and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. A deep understanding of, or ability to quickly gain understanding of, the systemic inequalities that affect our work in community development and the communities we serve, as well as an understanding of how our work either perpetuates or disrupts those inequities is important. The successful candidate will be comfortable talking about race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, class, ability, or gender in plain, specific terms in regards to our work in community development.
To apply please send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Laura Recchie at email@example.com.
INVEST IN US
Does the promise of returns on investment coupled with the creation of public good resonate with your needs and values? We have opportunities for lending, underwriting, renewable energy credit purchase, tax equity investment and more. Our non-profit and foundation partners have the need for donors to continue their work and new cutting edge projects are always in development. Get in on the ground floor, and seize the opportunity to invest in your values.
PARTNER WITH US
We are always open to new partners, collaborators, and projects. Have an idea that fits our principles? Something you want to see in your neighborhood, a community serving idea that might be a fit?
TALK ABOUT US
Feel free to talk about us or write about us. Do you need more information? Want to talk to our leadership? Would you like to interview our partners? Need some logos or artwork? Would you like to hear from our leaders on a particular issue? We can help.